Welcome to my Backyard~The Land of Enchantment New Mexico!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Some Reflections about Alamogordo, New Mexico

I began this project nearly 16 weeks ago and must confess that I believed it would end at some point.  I realize now that there is no way that I could end this project~ as it is ongoing.  It will take a lifetime to explore Alamogordo as well as my backyard~ New Mexico.  The story and project began to give a virtual tour of my community and it has evolved into a life changing project. As I took photos I began to research about the town, the people and the rich history that has taken place.  I have spent hours each week taking  photographs labeling them and filing them to soon be added to this blog.

It is a tedious but fulfilling project yet allows me to actively record history for those that will walk after my journey here.  From this project I realized that I need to open my eyes as I go about my life and appreciate the community from which I am from and share it with the world.  I love my hometown of Alamogordo and I love my backyard which is New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment